Spinach artichoke dip is a crowd and game-day favorite! You can eat it with fresh veggies, crackers, chips, crostini, or fresh bread. In this version, we use two types of vegan cheese: 365 Plant-Based Parmesan (Whole Foods Market) for delicious flavor, and Chao Creamy Original for extra creaminess. The pepperoncini are optional, and they add a nice tang to the dip. This recipe can easily be made a day ahead of time and then baked right before serving! Enjoy.
- 1 tbsp. vegan butter (Earth Balance)
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 10 oz. spinach (fresh, blanched, & chopped, or frozen & chopped)
- 2 cups artichoke hearts (canned, drained, & chopped; 365 brand, 12 oz.)
- 1/4 cup pepperoncini peppers (jarred, drained, & chopped; 365 brand, 15.5 oz.)
- 3/4 cup Take Two Chef's Blend Barleymilk
- 3/4 cup vegan parmesan (365 Plant-Based Parmesan)
- 4 slices vegan cheese (Field Roast's Chao Creamy Original slices, cut into thin strips)
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- Optional: serve with fresh bread, crostini, or crackers
Preheat oven to broil.
Blanch spinach, or start thawing/draining frozen spinach, so it's ready for later steps.
In a medium saucepan or FINEX 8" skillet, heat vegan butter over medium heat.
Add onions and sweat until translucent.
Add garlic and sauté an additional 1 minute.
Add spinach, artichoke hearts, pepperoncini, and Take Two Chef's Blend Barleymilk.
Heat to a simmer and turn to low heat.
Add parmesan and cheese slices and stir constantly until fully melted.
If using a saucepan, transfer to an oiled 9"x9" pan, or keep in 8" FINEX skillet, and broil 3-5 minutes (do not step away!).
Once cheese is golden brown and bubbling, remove and serve hot.