These chocolate-packed blondies made for Take Two by Lauren | Pinch of Parsley are the real deal and everything a dessert bar should be with the perfect crispy edges and a decadent gooey chewy center.
- 3/4 cup of runny or homemade peanut butter (for homemade: 2 cups of roasted peanuts, 1 tsp of vanilla, 1/2 tsp of sea salt blended until smooth)
- 1/4 cup of browned vegan butter
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp of Take Two Original Chef's Blend Barleymilk
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp of flax seed meal and 5 tbsp of water)
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of light brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cup of flour
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp of baking powder
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper, set aside.
In a small bowl, make flax eggs and let sit for 5-10 minutes (while butter is browning).
In a pan, heat butter over medium heat, stirring constantly. Butter will start to foam and sizzle. Continue to cook until it turns golden brown then immediately remove from heat.
Add butter, peanut butter, vanilla extract, milk, flax eggs, maple syrup, and brown sugar to a bowl. Whisk to combine.
Slowly add in all of the dry ingredients, mix until just combined.
Pour batter into your prepared baking dish and spread evenly using a rubber spatula. Top with some extra chocolate chips. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden and a tooth pick comes out clean.
Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10-15. Top with melted chocolate and sea salt. Enjoy!